Author Topic: Upgrade camshaft  (Read 9198 times)

Dirtrider

• View Profile
    • JMS RACING/Defenda Racing
    • Email
Upgrade camshaft
« on: November 12, 2009, 01:28:58 AM »

Soon as our tuning kits to yx250gy clear.
Camshafts are finished and now it just mounted and testas.It is also fitted a larger 34mm carburetor. And the cylinder head is tuning up.
We hope for an increase in hp to 36hp.
More info on www.jmsracing.nu

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

Dirtrider

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Upgrade camshaft
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 10:25:32 AM »

;D Now they are new camshafts in place, and it was noticeable that it was a little more alert at gas go-around. Should be interesting to test the bike then when it is finished, with the carburetor adjusted. ;D

alex123

• View Profile
    • ATV Shineray
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 01:16:05 PM »

Please post some more info and a video when it's ready.

kady

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 09:11:50 AM »

Soon as our tuning kits to yx250gy clear.
Camshafts are finished and now it just mounted and testas.It is also fitted a larger 34mm carburetor. And the cylinder head is tuning up.
We hope for an increase in hp to 36hp.
More info on www.jmsracing.nu

I'm peru and purchased 10 units SHINERAY XY250GY-2 I'll get almost a month and have 03 Units in competition
at first glance was not enough power I made a comparison with the Honda CRF250 and I made some changes to my machine SHINERAY this resulting in the power and strength sufisiente. for the competition
I will soon be posting videos and pictures to the forum

Dirtrider

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 03:12:31 AM »

This is the camshaft curves out now on our bikes.
There are about 1.2 mm higher lift at the valves and open a little longer, it would lift higher so it was a risk that the valve hit the piston. Now with the new camshaft, it has become a rougher time on the engine and a better bottom power, and that was what we wanted to get up when we run mostly enduro.

Pablo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 11:39:06 AM »

Here in Ecuador th XY 250GY or XY250SRM as we called it, does not have  good rear suspention, the monoshock got broke inside and the bike falls down, we have to replace it in 50 bikes, any ssugestions.

Dirtrider

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2010, 12:51:19 PM »

Here in Ecuador th XY 250GY or XY250SRM as we called it, does not have  good rear suspention, the monoshock got broke inside and the bike falls down, we have to replace it in 50 bikes, any ssugestions.

Hi Pablo!

It look`s like you dont have the Fastace suspension on this bike,am i right?
We have Fastace suspension on our bikes and we have no problem at all,every one how have this bike like the suspension wery much.
And i even race with my bike every weekend and practice two times in week with it so if you dont have fastace on the bikes so upgrade it  then you have no problem.
/Micael

Tags: