Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: hi all im new  (Read 89709 times)

madhillbilly17

• View Profile
    • Email
hi all im new
« on: October 23, 2009, 02:01:25 AM »

hi,i am new to this site,i have just ordered a new shineray xy250stxe quad,should be here next week just wondered if there is anything i need to check or do before i uses it. thanks dan 

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

Johnny

• View Profile
Re: hi all im new
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 05:02:20 AM »

Hi and welcome,

First things you will need to do: check that all nuts and bolts are tight (eventually replace all nuts and bolts with decent stainless nuts and bolts), replace the oil with a good brand of oil, check tyre pressure is around 0.8bar, you will probably have to replace the front tyres (they are realy bad, out of round and impossible to balance properly),  replace the aircleaner with a decent sports filter and replace the main jet with a 105 or 110 (the original jets are to lean and cause the motor to run hot. It is relatively important to run the motor in properly. After the first oil change (300km) check the valve clearance (they are usually too tight) inlet valve around 0.05mm and the exhaust valve around 0.08 to 0.10mm.

That should keep you busy for a while.  ;D

Johnny
If it aint broke, don't fix it

shae

• just me
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 09:08:09 AM »

welcome, im v new here too.  i have brought a second hand xy200stiie 2007 (1st quad n all i could afford) 
DO check EVERY nut n bolt you can see, after use aswell.. 
i would defo change the oil to a proper atv 15w 40 oil, do the run in properly aswell...
 tyre pressures  on my quad says somthing like 1.7bar or 29 psi... ive done some research on the net n nearly everyone says never use more than 10 psi, so im not sure??

when ready , spark plug, exhaust, air filter upgrade

other than that mine runs fine they are cheaply made but are still a lot of fun

hi johnny, i see what you put about the jet upgrade and valve clearance, would this be the same for mine too? if so can you put me in the right direction for what i need ty

madhillbilly17

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 01:00:43 PM »

thank you for your welcomes and advice,do u no where i can buy the jets and filter from in the uk?, i have been told this is the latest 2010 version, so i dont no if anything will be any different to the older models.thanks again dan       

Johnny

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 06:33:38 AM »

Hi Dan,
I think you will find that there has not been a lot of changes made to the 250stxe in recent years, only minor improvements. It would be too expensive for the Chinese to make too many changes.

Try ebay for your jets and air cleaner, particularly German ebay. I have been able to get a lot of parts that way.

I have just put a 40 rear sprocket on today (goes like a rocket now) and replaced that stupid chain tensioner. You might want to look at removing the so called cat from your exhaust system (the bulge behind the front heat sheild), this has the benefit of lowering the temperature quite dramatically, mine runs at between 80 and 90c now, instead of  the 130+.

You might want to replace the dip stick with a temperature guage (helps to keep an eye on the oil temp).

To adjust the valve clearances, you just need a set of feeler guages  (you should be able to get a set from any good hardware store). Remove the fuel tank, undo the valve cover, turn motor to top dead centre, set your guage under the valve rocker and adjust accordingly. Make sure your motor is cold though. @ Shae In principle the 200 is the same although I don't know if the valve clearances are the same for the 200, although I don't see why they should be any different, the point is, that they are set very tight in the factory and if they are not adjusted correctly, then you run the risk of burning out your valves. Better that they are too loose rather than too tight. >:(

Are you both running off road or street tyres? I have street tyres and the tyre pressure is 0.8 bar, 1.7 bar is way too much, absolute max should be 1 bar.

Make sure you grease everything very regularly, these quads have a very bad habit of destroying bearings if they are not regularly greased.

As Shae has already said, replace the spark plug with a good NGK plug (DP8EA-9) and change the plug cap as well.

Front end alignment may also need to be done (you can do it yourself, if you don't know how let me know).

Anyway chaps that is enough to go on with for now (fun isn't it, what else would you be doing if not playing with these fun toys).  ;D

Best regards to you all
Johnny

macca x

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 10:59:14 AM »

hi were did you get your rear sproket from and how muoh was it thanks

Johnny

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2009, 11:59:57 AM »

I bought the sprocket from Quad's of Fun in Germany for 35

Johnny  :)

madhillbilly17

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2009, 08:01:28 AM »

thanks for all your help,i have been looking all over the internet for parts and not found much,i did go on germany ebay but i cant read it :D,i didnt see any uk post options either

shae

• just me
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2009, 09:54:24 AM »

macca x

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2009, 12:34:00 PM »

hi mad  h, download a translater thats what i had to do ,very easy to work, 

madhillbilly17

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2009, 03:44:34 AM »

thanks for that info,what translator did you use? 

shae

• just me
    • View Profile
    • Email

Johnny

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2009, 11:56:03 AM »

Hey guys,

I bought my quad from the the supplier you have there. If you want something from them, give me a pn,  I get a discount from them and I'm sure we can work something out between us. I also know the language (even though I happen to be an Australian) and that helps. By the way your translation program is not bad, even if it shows the prices as GBP instead of , the actual price is 10.99 (GBP9.92) not GBP10.99, that would be somewhat expensive. Besides they have smaller sets of jets, you will only need a 105 or 110 and at the most a 115.

Johnny  ;D
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 12:00:39 PM by Johnny »

madhillbilly17

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2009, 04:26:52 AM »

thats great thank you,i have instead a googles translator on my tool bar and it works great

madhillbilly17

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2009, 10:05:06 AM »

hi all, im a bit confused on which spark plug to buy, the one listed above in this post i cant find, (DP8EA-9) all i can find is a NGK racing plug (DPR8EA-9) and in the manual it recommends (CTHSA) but i can only find (C7HSA) there are so many mistakes i the manual its shocking

Pages: [1] 2
Tags: