Author Topic: SHINERAY X2 MOTARD MISS  (Read 5978 times)

bigredone

• View Profile
    • Email
SHINERAY X2 MOTARD MISS
« on: March 10, 2011, 02:11:29 PM »

I own a Shineray X2 Motard and i have an extreme missing at the high rpm ranges.  But on the Shineray X2 Dirt Bike I own does not have the same miss as the motard.  I have adjusted the accelerator pump and throttle cables on the Motard and i have also swap out CDI.  Any suggestion?  Also any know what final drive sprockets to us on both units?

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

Zuma

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: SHINERAY X2 MOTARD MISS
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 09:17:32 PM »

The X2 Enduro & Motard suffer from a poorly seated spark plug cap. Frequently the water tight grommet that seals the cap into the head is very tight and will push the spark plug cap just far enough away from the spark plug under use, so that the misfire syptom only arises at high load or RPM due to the high resistance created. Push the cap down as hard as you can so that the threaded tip of the spark plug engages with the cap.

bigredone

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 05:42:45 AM »

I pulled the boot of the spark plug lead and test road and still have a high end miss.  I did noticed that the spark plug lead had movement on the spark plug wire.  I try to fix the issue but still missing.  Believe I need a Ignition coil and ordering it.  Any other ideas would be helpful.  If I could get the motard to run like the dike bike I would be a happy customer.  Any ideas on performance parts on the bikes and where to get them?

Zuma

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 03:27:42 PM »

Ok remove the air box lid, so the air filter is in full view, then go for another ride with it off and see if that has a positive effect, if not replace the spark plug with NGK part No CR9EH. Only perform one alteration at a time not all at once, so that you can narrow it down. We have a full range of sprockets, what sizes are you after?

www.zuma.com.au
www.shineraytv.com

bigredone

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 05:37:53 AM »

Already did and figure out the spark plug lead is loose on the spark plug wire.  I cut the spark plug wire and re-connected the lead with no luck.  I believe i need a ignition coil assembly.  This website can i purchase the part and parts books for the units through it?

Zuma

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 04:05:11 PM »

You can order any and all parts you require by e-mailing me at spares@zuma.com.au (www.zuma.com.au) or via our sister website www.shineraytv.com.

Ignition coil is $69.90 + Postage.

We accept Visa, Mastercard or PayPal.

Regards Michael Zuma/Shineray

Tags: