Author Topic: Assembly problem  (Read 3633 times)

NickT

• View Profile
    • Email
Assembly problem
« on: August 07, 2009, 02:23:11 PM »

Everything was going fine until we got to putting the front wheel on.  There is a spacer that goes on the right hand side (looking from the front) of the axle bolt, between the wheel and the fork.  This is described in the assembly instructions as "looks like a small metal cylinder".  Now there is indeed a part like this in the box, but it is too small to thread onto the axle bolt.

It seems to me one of two things must have gone wrong. EITHER this is the wrong spacer (because the wrong part has been put in, or because the "small metal cylinder" is for something else and the proper spacer has been has been omitted entirely); OR what I am using as the axle bolt, namely the bolt that was holding the fork to the packaging, is not the right axle bolt, in which case I'm missing an axle bolt.  ???

Can anyone help?

thanks

Nick

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

NickT

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Assembly problem
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 07:52:29 AM »

OK, sorted.  The correct spacer was being used to pack the forks in the case.  To our utter amazement we slopped some petrol in the tank, fired her up and... she works!

Still no idea what the other little metal cylinder is for though...  :)

stoewer-quad

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Assembly problem
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 02:57:35 PM »

Dear User!

the small metal Cylinder, called Washer with hole Diametre 12mm, is mounted between speed sensor and right fork arm (right when you are sitting on the Bike!)

than the speedmeter cable can be mountet in rear looking way, that it could not we damagad when driving in offroad area.

This picture shows how it is mounted in the wrong way

So like can be seen here, it is right. Only for this the washer is needed

best regards - Richard

www.stoewer-quad.de

Tags: