Author Topic: just hit the 1000 mile mark  (Read 1623 times)

mrbrennan

• View Profile
just hit the 1000 mile mark
« on: October 13, 2015, 02:34:37 AM »

Hi guys. I have a shineray xy250stxe. Ive just hit the 1000 mile mark and have been told that its going to need an oil change. Just a few questions.
I am handy in cars but never really worked on bikes/quads.
Where is the drain plug located and will it need a new oil filter (if it has one).
What oil is best for it.
Is there anything else that im going to need to change after hitting this millage.
The exhaust brackets have previously been welded by the last owner so im looking for a new exhaust but i cant seem to find anywhere online that sells sports exhausts. I have found a standard one for 150 but if going to be paying that sort of money i might aswell treat myself to a sports one but I have no idea where to find it.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Cheers guys.

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

adam46

• View Profile
Re: just hit the 1000 mile mark
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 06:26:20 AM »

Hi Mrbrennan,

I have got a Shineray 250 STIXE and I use 5W40 oil and it runs perfect. I wouldn't change the oil filter as it is just a thimble sized metal mesh that tries to catch metal fragments. For the exhaust I don't know who would do a sports system but have you tried UD spare parts as they are listing a stand one for 116.80 Euros. I have used them quite a lot and they seem ok, also you could try orange imports thy are based in Cambridgeshire and could help.

Best Regards Adam46