Author Topic: Broken rear end, need parts manual, help and possibly therapy!  (Read 1218 times)

DaveM

• View Profile
    • Email
Broken rear end, need parts manual, help and possibly therapy!
« on: October 06, 2015, 03:39:01 PM »

Hi

My first post having just bought a 2008 250 sport millenium sti11

Quad has had little use and even less maintenance rear suspension bolts hub nuts etc all loose and worn.  I am replacing the 4 rear axle retaining M12 bolts with 1/2" unf and through drilling the original fixed nuts as the threads are part stripped and the trailing arm holes worn. I am intending to strengthen but adding 1/8" X 1" place across chain tensioner mounts. REALLY NEED A PARTS / SERVICE MANUAL i don't have the basic instructions either!

Quad is like new at the front apart from some play at the bottom of the steering column probably caused by previous owner being unaware of the product grease!!

Apart from the manuals I would really appreciate a close up photo of the rear axle mountings  as it looks like it is bent from when it disintegrated due to nuts coming undone or damper eye failure (visable welded repair).

This is my first bike/quad although I am mechanical engineer with years of experience with fast road cars and single seat race cars. So expect many posts!!

Many thanks in advance

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D