Author Topic: shineray stixe 250 running problems  (Read 3014 times)

adam46

• View Profile
shineray stixe 250 running problems
« on: January 31, 2015, 12:05:06 PM »

Hi everyone, I have hot a 2009 shineray stixe 250 and I am having problems with it running. It will tick over fine and it will run fine using Hal throttle but as soon as you open it up it acts as if it is running out of fuel. I have replaced the carb as it was leaking and still no luck. I would appreciate any feedback thanks Adam

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

shanes1031

• View Profile
Re: shineray stixe 250 running problems
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 04:18:04 PM »

My 07 does this too

adam46

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 12:30:48 AM »

Hi, I have now got it sort of fixed. The main problem was the mixture of air and fuel. I got the garage to measure the exhaust gasses and it turned out that it was running to lean. They adjusted the mixture to make the exhaust gasses come back down to factory settings and it seams ok. The only this is that If I want to use full throttle I have to move the choke half way and then it runs fine. I hope this helps.

Best Regards Adam

normangray

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 09:50:13 AM »

Have checked your inlet manifold for cracks or holes as any air leaks will make the quad run like this, or adjust the mixture screw in small increments either way until it runs well without choke.

adam46

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 05:32:36 AM »

Hi Norman,

I have already replaced the inlet pipe when I replaced my carb, I will have a look at the mixture next time i'm out. I told the garage to set the carb to the factory settings as they weren't getting anywhere. Thank you for replying  :)

Best Regards Adam

Tags: