Author Topic: XY250STIXE  (Read 97625 times)

Alex

• View Profile
    • Email
XY250STIXE
« on: June 22, 2008, 10:45:36 PM »

Hi, I'm a recent owner of my first Shineray motor-vehicle, the XY250STIXE.

Previously i owned another Chinese ATV that did not meet my standards, it was a shaft driven (low top speed), the wheel span was way to short and the suspensions too soft which resulted in a very unbalanced ride that was ready to loose control and tip every time someone rode it over a bump or tried cornering going over 30km/h.

Firstly it has a very sleek sporty look, the headlights closely resemble the Ducati 999. I like the the general design of the shell, not sure if it's a clone of any other manufactured atv, if its not, Shineray did a great job, if it is i couldn't care less, i like it. Funny thing, I'm an expet living in china, believe it or not, all the chinese bikes and atv's you see in America or Europe are made for export and are not sold here, i was lucky to score the STIXE, but thats a different story.

The STIXE is a very good ATV IMO. The wheel span is very wide, and the ride is very well balanced in corners and over ruff terrain. When cornering you are more likely to power slide (fun!) then tip (not fun) even when you are going fast.

The rear sprocket looks to be a 34, im not getting much power on take off or in an attempt to wheelie, but it rolls out to 80km/h. I plan to replace the sprocket with a 38 or a 39 to get that little bit big kick that im missing on take off...

I will tell you more about my new ride later, will take some pictures too :), for now i gotta get back to work.

Cheers! and good luck with the new forum, hope to see more activity here soon!

« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 04:52:38 AM by Alex »

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: XY250STIXE
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 06:24:43 AM »

Welcome Alex!  Glad to have you on board.

That is definitely a cool looking quad.  I would love to hear more about your experirnces with it.  It does not look like a clone of any atv I have seen.

Alex

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 08:28:42 AM »

Thanks.

I have to fix the wiring... See when i got it there was a small problem, at the factory they connected a green wire, which i presume to be ground, to the ignition coil, as well as a black wire (also ground?).

Now I'm not very educated in the field of motorbike electrics so i cant say for sure why this was wrong, but as soon as i fired up the engine, the wire bundle at the front of the quad started to smoke like crazy and a bunch of wires melted together. The isolation from the green wire from the ignition coil burned off completely leaving the wire threads hanging naked.

I called the local motorbike repair shop and they sent over a repairman, he said that the wiring was wrong and solved the problem by removing the green wire from the ignition coil leaving only the black one attached. The ignition coil is bolted to the frame so its already grounded. Then he connected a thick wire from the negative contact on the battery straight to the frame the atv started properly.

After a rainy day i blew the fuse on the atv and there is a short circuit somewhere where the wires melted, now i must take out the wire spaghetti and go over each one to make sure its not shortening.  >:(

later on i was looking at pictures of an air intake mod for the same atv on a french forum and noticed that that green wire was in fact connected to another place on the frame where the air filter was and not the ignition coil, so they did make mistake when assembling my atv.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 06:14:02 PM by Alex »

phill

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 02:39:47 PM »

i have recently bought one of these quads i have only used it on the road but after 10/15 miles the temp gauge flashes and the engine feels very hot any idea why it should be running hot 

James

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 09:41:13 PM »

WAW this quad is awesome!
I got a white photo of this quad.
It looks like a racing car
cheers! ;D ;D

Johnny

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 04:56:28 AM »

Hi Alex I'm new to the forum as well, and I have got the 250STXE (air cooled). Generaly I have found that the wiring leaves a lot to be desired, in fact I have gone through the entire wiring loom and checked every connector and plug and replaced everything that needs replacing. There are a lot of other things that you will find that need to be replaced. Pretty much all of the nuts and bolts will have to be replaced with decent stainless bolts otherwise the original will rust like crazy.

Johnny
If it aint broke, don't fix it

craigy brown

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 04:53:54 PM »

HEY, i have this shineray for road use.. i cant use it at the moment because when i put the fuel to the ON position fuel spills out a pin in the Carb.. does anyone know whats causing this?
also when i put the fuel to OFF position and ride it it goes fine! but when i put it to the ON position and ride it it stutters and doesnt ride smooth at all !!! HELPPPP lol

Johnny

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 11:31:14 PM »

Sounds like the needle valve is sticking in the carb (not closing properly), this is not an uncommon problem. Give the carb a good clean, if you have access to an ultrasonic bath (used to clean jewlery and glasses) they are good to clean carbs as well. Then blow the carb out with compressed air (gently). You might want to check your fuel tap as well. Most people I know have replaced the tap with a better quality one, they don't cost very much.

Hope that helps. Let us know if you solve the problem.
Johnny
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 11:33:18 PM by Johnny »

craigy brown

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 05:12:08 AM »

thanks mate ill get the carb out for a right good clean this weekend and let you know how i get on :D

Johnny

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2010, 06:12:50 AM »

I don't know if the STIXE came with a fuel filter as standard, if there is one fitted, you might want to have a look at that as well. Also a good idea to start replacing the rubber fuel lines, the chinese rubber quality leaves a bit to be desired.   ::)

Cheers
Johnny  ;D

craigy brown

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2010, 04:28:29 AM »

thanks mate, i had the carb opend up lots of dirt as the quad was lying for 6 months.. and the previous owner had decided to block the rubber tube cumin out the bottom of the carb.. i dont think that should be bocked off so i took the wood screw out he had used its going ok now anyway..

only thing to fix now is my speedo!! everything on it works except the speed i am goin wont moov any ideas? and my batery just wont hold a good charge ! whats the best batery to put in these things

Johnny

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2010, 04:41:54 AM »

That rubber tube is the overflow tube for the event that the needle valve sticks.

I have just replaced my battery with a 12amp sealed battery, the original batteries are only 7amp and they tend to suffer a bit in the cold. Most good motorcycle shops have the batteries, its just a question of getting the right size that will fit into the battery holder. I also made a battery cover out of an insulated shopping bag (Aluminium covered bubble wrap) and it works quite well. We've had up to -18 and I have not had any problems with starting.

Cheers Johnny

craigy brown

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2010, 05:03:06 AM »

legend mate!

are you on msn so i could have a chat bout few things if you could ?
djbroon@hotmail.com add me if you have :D

Johnny

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2010, 05:10:34 AM »

Sorry not on msn, I'm on facebook, if you pn me I will give you the details.

In terms of your speedo, have a look at the sensor on the rear axle, make sure it is within about 2mm of the sprocket. If that fail, have a look at your cables, there could be a break.

Cheers Johnny

Tags: