Author Topic: Shineray repairs and modifications  (Read 80527 times)

Jewyjoejewson

• View Profile
    • Email
Shineray repairs and modifications
« on: September 05, 2010, 02:25:53 PM »

This thread is for anyone who is having trouble with their shineray, has repaired their shineray, or anyone who has modified their shineray in any useful ways.

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

Jewyjoejewson

• View Profile
    • Email
my work
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 02:36:16 PM »

I started this thread, because i have a shineray xy200gy 2007. i bought it slightly damaged and have been doing work on it. I had some issues with the throttle sticking, pulled apart the carb and freed it up. I'm currently in the processes of switching out some of the more important engine bolts for stronger steel ones (the stock ones are very cheap and break easily beware!). I was able to get replacements that are much better at napa auto parts, they should keep the engine intact longer. I've gone over the bike and secured several things better, i advise going over the whole bike bolt by bolt and checking them all, it's worth it, the bike probably didn't cost you too much, and a little work on your part will go a long way in making it a better machine overall. My forks, front rim and handle bar are all a little off, the handle bar is pretty bent. I plan on replacing them all with second hand parts from a local salvage yard, I'll let you know how it goes. The salvage yard also has a honda trx200 (the quad has a perfect carb match for my bike), i also plan to switch this out, to get a little better gas mileage a little more speed.

Jewyjoejewson

• View Profile
    • Email
my work
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 05:52:36 PM »

just got a harley exhaust pipe, it's designed as part of a quad 883 exhaust, so it should work swimmingly at 200cc instead of 221. I'll be putting it on in a couple months, when i get access to a welder, let you know how that works.

freestylerfcu

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Shineray repairs and modifications
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 01:20:39 PM »

Hi jewy, good that things are working out for you. Me iam re designing the graphics for my xy200gyII-H. Then i will cut it vinyl sheets, trying to do a body wrap here. hope it goes well.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 09:04:51 AM by freestylerfcu »

Jewyjoejewson

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 04:40:30 PM »

free style, that sounds BA, show me some picks once your done if you can, i'd love to check em out. The Harley exuasht has given me a lot more top end, and i just tweaked my carbeurotr so it'll run massive fast . i pretty much just set the float way above what it should be and then i use the fuel regulator to keep it from overflowing, i run it at 1/3 open then it's perfect for starting up and around town at 35mph, but it i really want to open her up, i just completly open the full on/off switch and she just flys. I wish mine would be as cool looking as yours, i stripped my plastic and now i have kinda of a mortard style going.

freestylerfcu

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 12:24:01 PM »

Yo jewy wassup'. Just posting some pics of the redesigned bike even though the bike was still new. i wanted it to be different from others. I just liked the sound of the brand "Thor"

freestylerfcu

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 12:30:58 PM »

By the way, this is the original factory design that the bike arrived with. cool but i definely like black & red color matching. Weird huh ( to redesign the bike the very first week i got the bike.

By the way jewy, all that stuff you said about carburators,... seems that you know mechanics! Pity i don't know.

Regards.

Jewyjoejewson

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 01:46:27 PM »

Your new design looks AWESOME, i love it. wish mine looked like.

Jewyjoejewson

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 03:01:00 PM »

by the way, if you ever decide to set your carb like this ( i wouldn't f with it if it's running smooth, mine wasn't) one really nice thing is that you can give it a gas jump to the carb whenever you want, all you have to do is set the fuel full on for about 2 seconds and then turn it off, starts it up every time when it's cold or having trouble.

Jewyjoejewson

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2010, 05:33:50 PM »

free style, is that your original exhaust? it sure doesn't look like my original, if you switched it out, good for you, better compression all the way!

freestylerfcu

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2011, 09:39:13 AM »

free style, is that your original exhaust? it sure doesn't look like my original, if you switched it out, good for you, better compression all the way!

sorry for the delay, forgot to check the forum. Well you are right about the exhaust but you know i looks pretty cool with twin exhaust. lol

Tags: