Author Topic: Big Bore to X2 (280cc)  (Read 4174 times)

Dirtrider

• View Profile
    • JMS RACING/Defenda Racing
    • Email
Big Bore to X2 (280cc)
« on: February 14, 2010, 10:36:21 AM »

Hi all! 8)
Now I have tried my 280cc kit for X2an, it was all a little trouble getting everything in place when it was first well we did. We first attempt went piston against the cylinder head where they are 4mm larger than the combustion chamber in the cylinder head, so it was to grind a bit at the top. Now we know that we will turner of about 1.5 mm at top edge of the piston for failing to take in.
How did you feel when the bike with this installed? :P
Fitted with camshafts we have before, and with the 280cc, it was a clear improvement in performence. the price for this yet as long as is approximately = 350euro Cam shafts and cylinder include forged piston around 350euro. We are now waiting to grind up the gates of the cylinder head and expect probably by the same amount on the job to. 'll Try to see if I can get the bike into a brake bench to get exactly the torque on the rear wheel. But everything will be ready for spring I promise. 8)

Register and log in and the Ads below will be gone! :D

Pinchers

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Big Bore to X2 (280cc)
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 09:17:00 AM »

Hi,

Im looking for a complete upgrade kit if you are selling them for the bike i have here

Dirtrider

• View Profile
    • JMS RACING/Defenda Racing
    • Email
Re: Big Bore to X2 (280cc)
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 08:49:28 AM »

There has been little change since my first post. Since we modify everything here in Sweden so it has become more of production costs. So a 280cc forged piston kit costs about 470euro and one set of cam shafts around 300euro, then the postage will be at these prices.
BUT it is a big but! I can not say how much more power it becomes with the 280cc, the most noticeable is the cam shafts allows you to wind the engine more and where to get more power on top. So I can recommend is replace cam shafts and above all sharpen up the hole in the carburetor. It should be ground so it looks the same on the bottom edge up to the edge of the inlet hole, this makes about 30% larger intake.
We have also run with one Mikuni vm34 with good results, but you have to change manifolds to mount around or original from honda nx 250 Dominator.
For more questions about tuning the X2 or X2 just talk, please send email to me directly, so you can get answer immediately.
Send to: defendaracing@hotmail.com
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 08:51:47 AM by Dirtrider »

Tags: